This blog started for the project I am a Librarian! It gave detail the project progress. It will now focus on discussions of the image of the librarian and my interactions with librarians and library staffers as well as cool information that I think could be useful to others.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Talk at Drexel University

Tonight I gave a talk at Drexel University about PALINET, some OCLC services, my life as a librarian and my I am a Librarian project. I can't believe that I actually talked for an hour and then took questions for about 20 minutes. It was good, but I know that I said "um" way too many times. Well, no one is perfect. For my first long talk I guess it went pretty well. One of the students actually wrote me an e-mail already. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you did a great job. We'll be doing lots of presentations like this before it's all said and done. I figure one less "uh" each time and pretty soon there won't be any within earshot. You're a superstar!
-Michael

6:37 PM

 
Blogger I am a Librarian said...

Thanks, Michael! That is very sweet of you to say. Remember I'm not a trainer, I generally just do support. So presentations like this one are not natural for me, like they are for you. I'm sure that I will be doing more presentations, but more likely to PALINET staff then to our members.

Since my last post, I have gotten nice compliments from the professor at Drexel, Marti Smith, and then consequently from Meryl, my boss. So that made me feel better about my presentation.

Thanks again!

-Cynthia

8:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home