This blog started for the project I am a Librarian! It gave detail the project progress. It will now focus on discussions of the image of the librarian and my interactions with librarians and library staffers as well as cool information that I think could be useful to others.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Imagination and some reality of OCLC

Here is my friend Ed's take on my trip to OCLC in Ohio...

Hope Ohio is fun, I would ask what you do out there, but I want my imagination to run wild. I picture you walking up some huge staircase to the castle of the supreme library wizard to gain wisdom from his teachings. There are books everywhere, but in Ohio, the books are magical and instead of reading them, all you have to do is touch them and you gain all of their knowledge. I think I am pretty close on this one. - Ed

I'll let Ed's imagination continue to show the greatness of libraries around the world and acquiring knowledge in whatever form works, but I'll show some pictures of plants and people who joined me at OCLC.

Hanging out at OCLC after the meetings...

Plants at OCLC


Marilyn & Jennifer


Bruce, Michael, Marilyn & Jennifer


Rosario & Michael switching jackets


Cynthia & Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home