This blog started for the project I am a Librarian! It gave detail the project progress. It will now focus on discussions of the image of the librarian and my interactions with librarians and library staffers as well as cool information that I think could be useful to others.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Fragile...Handle with Care

I took another picture of a librarian, Barbara from UPenn last Thursday, so I am still moving a little bit at a time. And I still have a picture of a turtle at my desk. Slowly, but steadily, I progress.

I am also preparing for my exhibit in Fort Walton Beach (near Pensacola) FL. I have decided on 21 pictures. 14 women and 7 men. I wanted a proportion to what I have taken thus far. I mailed the frames to the University today and it was very hard to let control leave my hands. Lois, the library director, will see how I decided to put a lot of fragile, handle with care stickers on the frames. This is the first time I will have to fly for a photo exhibit. I have driven or taken the train for my others.

However, I decided that I couldn't let it all go, so I am taking the pictures with me. I got all the mats and frames and picked up the enlargements so I am in good shape for the exhibit. Hopefully, this will ensure the adversion of any disaster. I am a little nervous, but that is only natural I suppose. I am also excited for the upcoming adventure.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! You can put pictures of this in your book too! -MP

1:22 AM

 
Blogger I am a Librarian said...

Thanks. I don't know that I will, but maybe. It would be more likely that I post the pictures of the exhibit on the web then put them in the book. I will be taking pictures of the library director this weekend for the book though. A press release will be forthcoming. So hopefully, I will gain some exposure through that.

8:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home