This blog started for the project I am a Librarian! It gave detail the project progress. It will now focus on discussions of the image of the librarian and my interactions with librarians and library staffers as well as cool information that I think could be useful to others.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Does your library have an Instant Messaging service?

If you are a librarian and your library has the IM service please let me know. I am currently compiling a list of libraries that have an IM service so they can get to your library from www.imalibrarian.com.

Note: Currently I have redirected this address to my www.iamalibrarian.com site. I will probably start with a section of the existing site for IM. If it grows to be too much, I will have them as two separate sites.

I was inspired to do this from a session at CIL 2006. There was a great presentation yesterday by the following presenters that helped spawn this idea:

Aaron Schmidt, Thomas Ford Memorial Library
Amanda Etches-Johnson, Reference Librarian, McMaster University
Michael Stephens, St. Joseph County Public Library

You can IM me on AOL: iamalibrariantoo (I have no plans to be on 24/7, but if you see me feel free to send me a message.)
E:mail cynthia@iamalibrarian.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home