This blog started for the project I am a Librarian! It gave detail the project progress. It will now focus on discussions of the image of the librarian and my interactions with librarians and library staffers as well as cool information that I think could be useful to others.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Fairies: An Anthology of Verse and Prose

In March, I read Fairies: An Anthology of Verse and Prose published by Peony Press. It was a beautifully illustrated book that broke down some fairie lore into segments and presented a sweet collection of poetry. My only criticism is that I would liked to have seen the items chronological within the chapters. I think it would have helped put into perspective how the views of fairies changed throughout time or how they remained the same.

This book reminded me of a woman I met who draws beautiful fairie pictures. I was at a craft festival and deciding on one item that I was going to allow myself to buy within a limited budget. It was between two items and I felt a special connection to her print of a fairie with 4-leaf clovers. (Sometimes four-leaf clovers are said to be protection from fairies.) I often carry around four-leaf clovers and I decided to give one to this women. She stated that she had been searching for a four-leaf clover to put with her original painting. Since I gave her the clover that she was looking for she gave me the print of the picture I wanted. It's good to know that in this day and age you can still make a good barter. :) To see her work check out: http://www.lindabiggs.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home