This blog started for the project I am a Librarian! It gave detail the project progress. It will now focus on discussions of the image of the librarian and my interactions with librarians and library staffers as well as cool information that I think could be useful to others.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Library Advertisement in the Airport

On my way back from the Internet Librarian Conference in Monterey, California my flight from San Jose missed my connection in Las Vegas and I had six hours to wander around the airport. During that time I spotted a library advertisement for the Las Vegas-Clark County Library District.



http://www.flickr.com/photos/iamalibrarian/283105927/

I was so happy to see this. It is an excellent example of the type of marketing that I think libraries should be doing. It is important for patrons to realize the value of library services and to remember that the libraries and librarians are here to help with the organization and dissemination of information. When I told my boyfriend about this he stated, "It's a step in the right direction."

Kudos to the Las Vegas-Clark County Library District!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home