This blog started for the project I am a Librarian! It gave detail the project progress. It will now focus on discussions of the image of the librarian and my interactions with librarians and library staffers as well as cool information that I think could be useful to others.

Friday, May 26, 2006

The Sweetest Thing...

Sometimes you have an encounter with a new person for such a simple reason. Yesterday, on my way home I saw a musician about to board the train. Since my sister works at a recording studio I was curious if he was headed that way. He actually had a gig at the new coffee shop, which is run by the owners of the recording studio.

We had a nice chat on the train about what we do, as well as, music, photos, and books. I had pictures of musicians on my camera so I shared them and some book recommendations that I had written down from my friends and they were ones he read recently. He said he does short reviews of the books he reads in his blog.

He was seemingly very excited about my I am a Librarian project and said that he was going to tell his audience about it. Unfortunately, I already had plans last night or I would have went to his show. I actually saw him in a show a while back at the World Cafe Live, so I knew that he was a talented musician. Some friends came to meet up with me, my sisters, and friends last night after his show and told me that he did, in fact, share the story and ask the audience to go to my website. She described it as the sweetest thing...

I am sad that I missed hearing the story, so I thought that the least I could do was share it also and give him a plug...Check out Matt Duke's webpage http://www.mattdukemusic.net/ or become his friend on myspace
http://www.myspace.com/mattduke. Be on the lookout for his new CD. It is coming out in September.

It's great to meet people who can get excited about my work. It makes me feel pretty good and helps motivate me. I also feel good to be able to share his work with others too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home