This blog started for the project I am a Librarian! It gave detail the project progress. It will now focus on discussions of the image of the librarian and my interactions with librarians and library staffers as well as cool information that I think could be useful to others.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

The awaited travel schedule

I finally got together the potential travel plans. Please note, these may change.

Yes, it is crazy and I am driving about 10-12 hours everyday, but it is just how I have to do it.

I know that the Pacific Northwest is not included in this trip and it makes me quite sad, cause I love that area, but I would have to spend too much time driving though states where I don't have any librarians who completed surveys. If I can afford it, I will try to make it out there again before the book is completed. I know that I have some librarians from that area who I took pictures of last summer. Also I am hoping that I will be meeting up with some people from MN, WI area at ALA. I know that as one person it is hard to try and do it all. I am trying my best to include as many people as possible while considering all my limitations.

July 2 – PA – Live 8
July 3 – PA, NJ, NY (I drive to Trenton, NJ and then take the train to NYC)
July 4 – PA
July 5 – PA, DE, MD, DC, VA, NC, SC (near Greenville)
July 6 – SC, GA, FL (near Sarasota)
July 7 – FL, AL (near Birmingham)
July 8 – AL, MS, LA, TX (near Dallas)
July 9 – TX, OK, NM (near Albuquerque)
July 10 – NM, AZ, CA (near Los Angeles)
July 11 – CA (traveling towards Sacramento, San Fran then back to LA)
July 12 – CA, NV, UT (Green River or as far east as I can go)
July 13 – UT, CO, (possibly a short stop into WY), KS (Russell or as far east as I can go)
July 14 – KS, MO, IL (near Springfield)
July 15 – IL, IN, MI, OH (near Columbus)
July 16 – OH, PA (Home)

Please feel free to post comments.

3 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

Are you coming through Topeka, KS?

2:38 PM

 
Blogger I am a Librarian said...

Yes, I plan to go through Topeka, KS.

9:11 PM

 
Blogger Meghan said...

Awesome! Hopefully we get to meet then!

12:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home