This blog started for the project I am a Librarian! It gave detail the project progress. It will now focus on discussions of the image of the librarian and my interactions with librarians and library staffers as well as cool information that I think could be useful to others.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Tropical Storm Cindy moves through the South....

As I wake up in SC, I find out from Meghan that my storm is coming through too. What a weird coincidence!!! My name will be retired now. How wonderful!!

Here's the short version of the last couple days...

July 3rd
NY rocked. I met 4 librarians and got a manicure and had dinner with my friends Thea and Bill. :)


July 4th

Philadelphia has the best fireworks...I have been to other places and really we have the best...just when you think it's over there's more and more and more. The concerts were great. Bryan Adams, Rufus Wainwright, Patti LaBelle and Elton John. I wish I was closer to the stage for the last 2. Unfortunately, press was not allowed to go up too close. I hope I got enough good stuff for the paper.

July 5th

Traffic in DC/VA is pretty tough....in the future allow extra time.

NC is so beautiful...if you ever get a chance, explore Asheville and the Blue Ridge Mountains. I even went through a large thunderstorm and I still love it.

Just tipped into SC in the evening hours and stayed with one of my best friends from high
school. It was so nice to see her. I am sad that it is so short though...

I'm off to meet a librarian in SC now...more later. Hopefully I won't run into my tropical storm over the next two days. It looks like there is a chance that we just might miss each other.

Have a great day! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home