This blog started for the project I am a Librarian! It gave detail the project progress. It will now focus on discussions of the image of the librarian and my interactions with librarians and library staffers as well as cool information that I think could be useful to others.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

The stars are bright....

Well, I am not in the heart of Texas, but I am in Texas. I stayed just outside of Dallas. I will be taking a picture of a librarian this morning and trucking it to NM. It was the longest drive yesterday with a couple of traffic jams along the way. One major one was due to a multi-car accident. Since I couldn't see what was going on I decided to blow bubbles that Kristin had given me and to take some pictures. It got some people around me smiling. Thanks, Kristin!

Along the trip I have seen some pretty interesting town names such as:

Bat Cave
Fair Play
Quitman
Flowers
Start

The first person to name the states with each of the places listed will get a souvenir from my trip...

Have a great day!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

would you consider looking them up to be cheating? as a librarian, you should encourage that kind of research, right?

8:02 AM

 
Blogger I am a Librarian said...

Yes, go ahead and do your research. I don't expect that people would know the answer to this off the top of their heads. I want to encourage people to find information. Thanks!

9:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's what I came up with:

Bat Cave - NC
Fair Play - SC
Quitman - GA
Flowers - FL
Start - LA

Flowers is just a guess, because I couldn't find anything.

How was NM?

10:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guesses are:

Bat Cave, NC
Fair Play, SC
Quitman, GA
Flowers, MS
Start, LA

6:03 PM

 
Blogger I am a Librarian said...

Well, here are the answers...

Bat Cave, NC
Fair Play, SC
Quitman, MS
Flowers, NC
Start, LA

Thanks to those who participated. I know it was tricky and it looks like everyone will get a little something for participating...even though no one got it exactly right, I know that some effort was put into finding the answers. Thanks!

10:41 PM

 
Blogger I am a Librarian said...

Mia, please e-mail me your address so I can send you a little something. cynthia@iamalibrarian.com

Thanks!

-Cynthia

10:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home